Forum start - Register
Name Password Forgot your password?

Forum start > pc > software > Java Development
Author
Thread
Sniper Mike

Java Development
I will be moving to a new team that will be building a brand new Java application from the ground up and I was looking for some direction on how to develop some automated java test cases before developing and I was where I could find some good resources on how to develop automated test cases?

"Google is a great site!"
2/27/2014 08:50 Link - Ip: Logged - Quote:
byerspc
Admin

JUnit is the one unit testing framework I have heard the most about....you will probably also want to look in to some acceptance testing frameworks too.

I imagine fitnesse is one that gets used for that quite a bit but I am not a fan on the .net side for that.

I haven't ever done JAVA development since I have worked at microsoft shops my entire career.

For Acceptance testing I would find something that uses given when then (gherkin) type language.
https://github.com/cucumber/cucumber/wiki/Gherkin

For help writing good unit tests you may want to look at some of the videos where guys are performing code katas using java etc.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3a_6Axv3Y2k

There are usually lots of examples of different ones and they are good practice for becoming fast at writing and running tests (RED, GREEN, RED etc.)
2/27/2014 10:33 Link - Ip: Logged - Quote:
JDOG

Don't know much about Java either but we had a meeting today where a bunch of Java guys were talking about using JUnit.

Also, I second the code kata's. Found a few online with some simple google searches and they were very helpful to understand TDD. Never really understood what it was til I started doing a few of them.
2/27/2014 12:41 Link - Ip: Logged - Quote:
Forum start > pc > software > Java Development

Quick reply
You need to login before you can post.