Name Password Forgot your password?

Forum start > Tablets > Microsoft > Surface Mini
Author
Thread
byerspc
Admin

Surface Mini
http://www.theverge.com/2013/9/25/4769000/surface-mini-7-5-inch-display-rumors

Would like to see what one of these would be like and what the price point will be. We had the usual great android, windows iOS debate in the office yesterday which turned into local storage vs cloud storage as well :-)
9/25/2013 08:06 Link - Ip: Logged - Quote:
tr
Admin

this doesn't make sense to me, but mainly because i don't think of surface as a tablet.

i like my nexus tablet. . .especially since you can drag and drop items into a file structure and then access it\move it natively. that being said, ios has proven to be more reliable.

i'm still not sold on going 100% cloud storage. i really like having it, but don't depend on it.
9/25/2013 14:09 Link - Ip: Logged - Quote:
byerspc
Admin

Yeah it will be interesting to see if they eventually pair it down ...right now they have

Window Phone OS
Windows RT
Windows

Seems like they could get away with just 2.

The surface is a little weird because it isn't a good tablet or a good laptop (RT that is)...I suppose the pro could be something totally different but it still isn't really a laptop or a tablet.
9/25/2013 14:55 Link - Ip: Logged - Quote:
byerspc
Admin

yeah the cloud thing was more about the new "crystal" storage and the advantage of the android phones that allow you to stick extra memory in them.

It seems like M$ (skydrive), google (gdrive), apple (icloud) would much rather keep your data for you. I think this will continue because then they own you. The other nice advantage is your data is everywhere which large drives on phones can't do. The only other solution that makes sense to me is some sort of personal cloud but the technology would need to be pretty simple for users to have a cloud device at home to serve everything.
9/25/2013 14:57 Link - Ip: Logged - Quote:
tr
Admin

i still haven't setup my pogoplug, but i really should do it sooner than later.
9/26/2013 08:06 Link - Ip: Logged - Quote:
byerspc
Admin

btw my boss that was complaining about the storage and how nice the extra storage in android is just bought a 5s last night...his first iPhone.
9/26/2013 10:21 Link - Ip: Logged - Quote:
Forum start > Tablets > Microsoft > Surface Mini

Quick reply
You need to login before you can post.