Forum start - Register
Name Password Forgot your password?

Forum start > Tablets > Android > new google tablet
Author
Thread
byerspc
Admin

new google tablet
http://www.marketwatch.com/story/google-seen-joining-tablet-fray-at-meeting-2012-06-26?link=MW_latest_news

Interesting if they come out with their own branded one like the nexus line.

At $200 it might hurt kindle fire sales more than iPad sales though.

If Apple doesn't do a 7 inch pad in the near future I could see getting an android 7 incher.
6/26/2012 13:10 Link - Ip: Logged - Quote:
tr
Admin

wow.

i almost pulled the trigger on the new ipad, but i'm really hoping for an ipad mini. . .so i'll wait to see if that pans out. if not, i would give serious consideration to a $200 google tablet. . .as long as it is lighter than the fire.
6/27/2012 01:15 Link - Ip: Logged - Quote:
byerspc
Admin

Yeah I keep thinking apple will schedule an event to take some of the press away from google I/O but so far nothing...I figured they would either talk about the apple tv, new iphone or new ipad.

If they are switching to the new connector I think they need to reveal the new iphone with it so 3rd party companies can develop stuff for it. I could see them using the new connector in an ipad mini too.
6/27/2012 08:19 Link - Ip: Logged - Quote:
tr
Admin

i looks like it is about 2 oz lighter than the fire. . .but i don't know that 2 oz makes much of a difference. it adds a front-facing camera that the fire doesn't have and it runs the latest version of android. surprised that they didn't add a slot for sd or microsd cards. i can't say that i'm excited about it, but if no ipad mini in the fall, this still trumps the current fire.
6/27/2012 16:17 Link - Ip: Logged - Quote:
tr
Admin

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2406446,00.asp
6/28/2012 09:46 Link - Ip: Logged - Quote:
byerspc
Admin

yeah i have heard the fire 2 is coming out next month....A guy at work runs ICS on his fire...I wonder if it will run JB ok.
6/28/2012 12:16 Link - Ip: Logged - Quote:
tr
Admin

i heard rumors that a fire 2 was coming, but haven't heard anything concrete. will there be a camera? will it be thinner? what version of android will it run?

things are starting to get interesting in the mini tablet market.
6/28/2012 21:30 Link - Ip: Logged - Quote:
byerspc
Admin

looks like the ipad mini rumors are starting to heat up too...WSJ is now saying there is one coming this fall with the launch of the iphone 5...and maybe a new retina ipad that is a little thinner

The complaints I have heard at work is that the 7 inch displays require you to almost always resize your view of any website in order to read anything.

Either way I think a 7incher could be very handy but I still want the "home" computer in ironman that I can just talk to and have it put things on my displays etc :-)
7/6/2012 14:18 Link - Ip: Logged - Quote:
tr
Admin

i have always preferred a bigger screen, but my 1st gen ipad is too heavy to use comfortably as a reading device/gaming device for very long. i think 7.85" will also work better on a lectern/pulpit.
7/6/2012 16:29 Link - Ip: Logged - Quote:
byerspc
Admin

Looks like google is ready to shake things up again

http://thedroidguy.com/2012/10/8gb-nexus-7-not-available-in-google-play-store-anymore/

http://www.droid-life.com/2012/10/22/google-to-unveil-lg-nexus-4-3g-nexus-7-and-samsung-nexus-10-at-android-event-next-week/

I am looking forward to checking out the new android offerings before choosing between them and a mini....the low cost is very enticing..
10/24/2012 13:46 Link - Ip: Logged - Quote:
tr
Admin

i like my nexus, but i wouldn't recommend it to most people. the android community needs to start making distinct tablet versions of their apps. . .and it would be nice if the hardware manufacturers would standardize their sizes (1 or 2 phone sizes, 7" tablet, 10" tablet) so that the apps can be written in a way that scales properly across devices.
10/24/2012 15:20 Link - Ip: Logged - Quote:
Forum start > Tablets > Android > new google tablet

Quick reply
You need to login before you can post.