Forum start - Register
Name Password Forgot your password?

Forum start > mac > software > Gratification
Author
Thread
JDOG

Gratification
I laughed when I saw this article. I haven't heard it nearly as much as what I used to but I hated it when I got, "I'm going to get a Mac because they can't get viruses." This statement of falsehood always irritated me, probably just because I was an over defender of Windows at the time. But this still brings up good memories. Guess AVG needs to get a free edition out there for Mac's

Article
4/5/2012 09:35 Link - Ip: Logged - Quote:
tr
Admin

hahahaha. enter the haters.

yeah, we've all gotten into heated arguments over which computer is better. . .until we actually examined the facts objectively and realized each has its own strengths and weaknesses. whenever i heard a line about viruses i would usually reply with "yeah, macs are so insignificant that virus writers don't even support them." i guess they aren't insignificant any longer.
4/5/2012 10:13 Link - Ip: Logged - Quote:
JDOG

I have really grown out of my mac hating days. I have even recommended to a few people that they get them but this was only to a handful of people :P if your going to do anything with the Fine Arts I would never, ever tell you to get a PC, that's just facts. And I even tried to get the little lady to buy an iPhone the other day. She of course went with the HTC so it will be sheer bliss when I can rub that one in her face when it crashes on her haha
4/5/2012 10:36 Link - Ip: Logged - Quote:
byerspc
Admin

:-)

It still is amazing to me how many macs I see Devs using....so many devs are switching to mobile development and Ruby they have been moving to Macs....

I still need VS so a mac doesn't make a lot of sense for me at work.
4/9/2012 08:17 Link - Ip: Logged - Quote:
Sniper Mike

I have been against Mac's for a while but I am actually considering on having both a PC and a MAC. I am also considering on moving to an IPhone because my phone constantly crashes.

"Google is a great site!"
4/10/2012 12:14 Link - Ip: Logged - Quote:
tr
Admin

uh oh. . .another one moving to the dark side.
4/10/2012 16:02 Link - Ip: Logged - Quote:
byerspc
Admin

wow

my mother-in-law has a sprint Android and an iPad but she is not sure if she wants to go with an iPhone

I think everyone else in her family will be moving to the 4S or the new 5 if it comes out in June though :-)

4/10/2012 16:16 Link - Ip: Logged - Quote:
tr
Admin

i loved my droid. . .until it stopped working properly. there are still features that i miss, but in the end stability wins the day.
4/11/2012 09:01 Link - Ip: Logged - Quote:
Sniper Mike

Well, I have sprint with an Android phone and it consistently crashes. I had to turn my phone on/off like 4 times yesterday to get it to work correctly. I think I will be moving to Verizon and get a Iphone when my contract is up.

"Google is a great site!"
4/11/2012 13:59 Link - Ip: Logged - Quote:
byerspc
Admin

Kind of make sense that Android phones can be hit or miss right?

If the hardware is great and they made sure the OS really works well with the hardware and is optimized for it the phone will really be nice...if not it will crash a lot.

Probably the devices that get the "google love" will be better android devices. (nexus, galaxy, droid etc.)

(Last edit:: 4/12/2012 16:39)
4/12/2012 11:38 Link - Ip: Logged - Quote:
tr
Admin

i think i may have killed my droid. i wanted to try everything out on it, rather than only what i would actually use day to day. . .plus, i kept modifying settings, etc.

i'm tempted to reset the device and see how well it works without all of the junk i put on it.
4/13/2012 09:08 Link - Ip: Logged - Quote:
Forum start > mac > software > Gratification

Quick reply
You need to login before you can post.