Forum start - Register
Name Password Forgot your password?

Forum start > miscellaneous > misc support > Good resources for understanding programming
Author
Thread
Sniper Mike

Good resources for understanding programming
I was wondering what books would be good to understand these codes? (asp, xml, php, C#, C++, Sharp, javascript, visual basic, SQL, and any other main language used by web designers and programmers) I was thinking the dummy books for these but I didn't know which ones would have the most information to help me learn them.

"Google is a great site!"
8/13/2007 18:25 Link - Ip: Logged - Quote:
byerspc
Admin

I think the Internet is the best source really.
Really you should have some idea of your contructs already so you are just needing to learn syntax.

My wife and I use
http://www.w3schools.com/default.asp

for a lot of web syntax stuff.
8/13/2007 19:42 Link - Ip: Logged - Quote:
Sniper Mike

The problem with that is I am not always connected to the internet. So what would be some good resources that I could have with me when I am not connected to the internet.

"Google is a great site!"
8/14/2007 10:54 Link - Ip: Logged - Quote:
byerspc
Admin

the best ones to read would be the ones that would be your text books in class.

I don't think I would spend money on programming books outside of what you would get for classes. The web is a much better source and would be better to print out articles etc from the internet than buy a book (IMO).
I own one programming book and i never look at it....at work I read 2-3 when I first started (all three were college textbooks from my director) outside of that I only use the web.

I definitely wouldn't get a book on syntax...if you do get one get one on theory....Object oriented program theory; good design theory; database architecture; common algorithms; or programming constructs (stacks; queues; linked lists etc.)
8/14/2007 18:09 Link - Ip: Logged - Quote:
Forum start > miscellaneous > misc support > Good resources for understanding programming

Quick reply
You need to login before you can post.