Forum start - Register
Name Password Forgot your password?

Forum start > Networking > TroubleShooting > Hamachi and routers... (the semi-sequel)
Author
Thread
cds0528
Researcher

Hamachi and routers... (the semi-sequel)
okay, so me, brandon, and micah are trying to play age of empires through hamachi, since for some reason I wasn't able to join games online (a new problem, I think it's a router problem but as of right now I can't even access my router, but that's a different problem). So the hamachi problem is this: Brandon hosted the hamachi network, he's the only one not behind a router, so we had him do it, we both joined and could see and interact with him without any problems. The problem was, me and Micah couldn't see each other (we're both behind routers), and by see I mean it showed the name, but it had a yellow circle next to it, which apparently means it couldn't connect to that peer. Basically I was wondering how much work does it take to set up a router with Hamachi, I was under the impression that it did most of this for you by using a "web-router" type thing...
5/11/2007 22:53 Link - Ip: Logged - Quote:
byerspc
Admin

hmm may have to do some searching. Hamachi is supposed to just use port 80, I thought but you may have to see if any other ports have to be open

http://portforward.com/english/applications/port_forwarding/Hamachi/Hamachiindex.htm
5/12/2007 21:17 Link - Ip: Logged - Quote:
Forum start > Networking > TroubleShooting > Hamachi and routers... (the semi-sequel)

Quick reply
You need to login before you can post.