Forum start - Register
Name Password Forgot your password?

Forum start > pc > microsoft > Office 2007
Author
Thread
byerspc
Admin

Office 2007
Well I was told to install office 2007 at work. I am now in a office 2007 world because that is what i have on my macbook too when I boot to windows or use parallels.
It took about 45 minutes to install at work. The initial settings are very blue so I had to change that. The look and feel is very similar to Windows Media Player 11 especially if you go with the black design.

Overall the look is better but navigation is a lot different
1/16/2007 18:50 Link - Ip: Logged - Quote:
cds0528
Researcher

do you like the navigation changes? it seems to be hit and miss with everyone, some people miss the menus, others love the "ribbon," what do you say?
1/16/2007 20:20 Link - Ip: Logged - Quote:
byerspc
Admin

i think i still have to play with it more. Outlook is a lot nice, I think. Outlook has pretty much everything for you to see on one screen which is really nice.
1/16/2007 20:45 Link - Ip: Logged - Quote:
JDOG

I'm working on an access database and using VB and a dataset to work with it. The user is entering in a reason for a complaint and they want to search by reason. If they entered in "the store had a rude employee" they want to be able to enter in "rude employee" and find it. I thought that it would look something like this ([reason] LIKE '*?*') but that is not working. Any ideas?
6/10/2009 16:19 Link - Ip: Logged - Quote:
byerspc
Admin

in sql it would be something like

where reason like '%rude%'

in access ? only replaces one character right so I don't think what you have is quite right.'
6/11/2009 08:35 Link - Ip: Logged - Quote:
JDOG

I know it's weird but that works. That is the variable symbol for some reason when working with Access and VB. I am able to use the question mark symbol for any string of characters. I use it several times in the same program to represent names and phone numbers and things.
6/11/2009 15:03 Link - Ip: Logged - Quote:
Forum start > pc > microsoft > Office 2007

Quick reply
You need to login before you can post.