Forum start - Register
Name Password Forgot your password?

Forum start > Networking > Software > SCCM Support
Author
Thread
JDOG

SCCM Support
Hey guys, I have been assigned the task of finding out how we are going to deploy, image, and manage these handheld devices in the Oakwood Hospitals that we have just purchased. I have couple of general Microsoft questions that you guys may know a little bit more than I do. We are using Honeywell Dolphin 7800 devices (I know, dumb name) and they are running Windows Embedded Handheld 6.5 Classic. In going through all of the forums and such, do you guys know what the difference is between Windows Mobile OS's and Windows Embedded OS's is? The two terms are used almost interchangably it seems like, but yet they aren't at the same time. It's my understanding that Windows Mobile is more for phone, where as, Windows Embedded (formerly Windows CE?) is used more for enterprise devices such as bar code scanners etc. I am researching how we are going to manage all of these and we are using SCCM 2007 R3 here at the hospital and will be upgrading to SCCM 2012. Just wondering if you guys can clear up some of the techy talk for me a little more as I am still learning all of the terminology
5/4/2012 09:14 Link - Ip: Logged - Quote:

QuickView: SCCM Support - JDOG 5/4/2012 09:14
 not in my wheelhouse...dunno... - byerspc 5/8/2012 09:23

Forum start > Networking > Software > SCCM Support

Quick reply
You need to login before you can post.