Forum start - Register
Name Password Forgot your password?

Forum start > Tablets > Web OS/BB > WOW HP says "Apple you Win"
Author
Thread
byerspc
Admin

WOW HP says "Apple you Win"
http://www.washingtonpost.com/business/technology/hp-to-apple-you-win/2011/08/19/gIQAKd6OPJ_story.html

Maybe google is seeing that too and that is why they want to go head to head with Apple.
8/19/2011 13:29 Link - Ip: Logged - Quote:
JDOG

I had to read through this a few times and I'm still a little confused. When they say PC, are they referring to "personal computer" or "windows based computer?" If they are referring to "personal computer" I think this is good, I never really liked HP computers to begin with lol. But if they are talking about a demise of windows based units, I think that it would take years for Mac to even have a chance to stand up to the stranglehold windows has on the market in the OS world. Now if you are looking at portable devices, I know Mac is pretty much killing everyone...
8/19/2011 22:24 Link - Ip: Logged - Quote:
byerspc
Admin

The problem with the windows market is the machine itself is a commodity so there is little profit. Hp is the largest computer maker but it takes like 7 hp pc sales to equal one Mac sale. Hard to make good money at that rate.

Apple figured out the premium market with customer service baked into the price is pretty lucrative. They basically include the warrant best buy tries to upsell in every purchase plus charge a premium for design. I think Sony missed the boat and could have done the same. The thinkpad used to be more premium as well.
8/21/2011 21:27 Link - Ip: Logged - Quote:
Forum start > Tablets > Web OS/BB > WOW HP says "Apple you Win"

Quick reply
You need to login before you can post.